Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Applauding the Governator: A Step in the Right Direction

allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"

src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&station=kabc&section=&mediaId=7060941&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&site=">

The governor signed a bill Monday that cracks down on paparazzi taking illegal photos of stars.

The governor is no stranger to the paparazzi. More than a decade ago, two celebrity photographers were convicted of misdemeanor false imprisonment after the then Hollywood actor and his wife Maria Shriver were pursued by the paparazzi as they drove their son to preschool.

"Governor Schwarzenegger is expressing, I'd say, an international frustration with people who have invaded other people's privacy but even he knows that you can't spell it out on paper," said Jeanne Wolf, celebrity journalist and west coast editor for Parade Magazine.

"Everyone would applaud this law if in fact it did teach paparazzi how to be dignified in their treatment of celebrities and public figures. I don't see that happening right away what I do see happening is a bunch of court cases," Wolf added.

Ugh. I hate Jeanne Wolf. "Celebrity Journalist" is not a noble profession and I will struggle to sleep at night if I have to do this at some point in my career. However, in regards to her predictions about this new law resulting in "a bunch of court cases," all I have to say about that is, ....... I'm fine with it. I hate paparazzi infinitely more than any other "journalistic" profession. I want these people to suffer. I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see footage of 10 guys shoving their camera in Britney or Lindsay's face, and I HATE Britney and Lindsay.

So as a result, I applaud Governor Schwarzenegger for amending a law that could, hopefully, deter paparazzi as a profession altogether.

Here are a few of my favorite "You deserved that you ass!" moments. (Quentin Tarantino's is the best.)


No comments:

Post a Comment